Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time for Hodgepodge...


It's that fun Hodgepodge Time, we would love for you to join us, just click on the button above.

1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time? What do you most hope they remember?
Boy this one really takes some thought...without kids growing up in this era it is hard to say.  I hope my grandkids remember all the good times and fun they had with their granny and papa.  And that even though we did not live next door we loved them and tried to create good memories.

2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you. 

I did not have a lot of self esteem growing up especially in high school.  I thought people were laughing at me all the time.  I had an Accounting teacher in high school that made me realize it was what was inside that mattered, it was how you treated people, not the clothes you wore or how popular you were.  Senior year was more enjoyable because I decided to quit trying and just be myself.

3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?                                                                         
Mmmmm  her fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits, I do not know anyone that can fix them like she could.


4. Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free?
I loved dodge ball, statue maker, simon says, sardines, red light-green light, and of course jump rope and double dutch!


5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child?
Gosh, probably one of my aunts.  


6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen? 
Would you believe I have never seen a musical that I can remember.  I have seen several plays but nothing professional.  Both are on my bucket list!


7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?
Lilacs - my dad and I enjoyed sitting on the picnic table when he got home from work talking and enjoying the smell of the lilac bushes.

Baby Powder - remembering when my daughter was just a baby.
Rainfall - My cousins and I used to love playing in the rain when I was a kid.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I think Spring/Summer is finally here.  Actually I think we are going to go right into summer.  Hard to believe we had snow last week.  I think all of our flowers and bushes survived.  Our azalea was still beautiful even in the snow.

until next time...nel

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! I hope all your flowers and plants survived.

    I almost picked Redlight greenlight! I remember loving to play that game with my cousins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your azalea is gorgeous! Ours haven't bloomed at all yet. I remember the game 'statues'. We loved that one too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful, and even this early in the morning your description of fried chicken and mashed potatoes made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful azalea. Ours didn't make it this year. We'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The azalea is pretty! I like the smell of rainfall too. We used to camp in the spring and fall and rain was fairly common, we still always had fun! Your accounting teacher was awesome, and right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How blessed you were to have that teacher. I forgot about Simon Says! That's a lot of blossoms on your azalea....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful azalea. We did the statue maker thing, but I couldn't think what it was called.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the smell of lilac...I wish we had a bush at our house! Your flowers are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete