Thursday, December 6, 2012

Simple Pleasures...

As all of you know one of my favorite past times is traveling to Arkansas.  I love the time I get to spend with my daughter and her family.  Words cannot express the feeling I get when I am there.  I love watching her interacting with her family and in the back of my mind I wonder where did my little girl go?  But I love it.  

Not only do I totally love my time with grandchildren (they are the best you know!) but I love where they live.  Lusk Farms, what a wonderful place for kids, perhaps a little bit of Heaven.  There is no hustle and bustle of the city just open land and quite a few animals.  They have a couple dogs and several sheep but what catches my interest is their cows, yep that's right cows, the little bitty calves in particular.  

This last visit I got to ride with my daughter down in the pasture to count cows and check on the momma's and the babies.  If anyone would of told me ten years ago that my daughter would be doing this I would have called them a liar.  But she is such a natural, she takes out across the field like it is nothing, I have even seen her give a sick one a shot, believe me that would not of happened ten years ago.  I love watching her,  the woman she has become, the mom she is, and the happiness she exudes.  Her and Clint are very happy and that makes my heart happy!

Have you ever watched baby calves, they are so fun.  Even cows they have such personalities.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures.  I don't think this one trusted us, he took off running towards his momma and twin.



 Of course when we drove down in the field they thought we were going to feed them and here they all came.  I thought the picture below was kinda neat. She thought she was sneaking up on me, but I was ready for her.  Janice warned me one of them is particularly friendly and likes to give big wet kisses. (yuck)

These two below looked like they were having quite a conversation, you know how females are.

I think this little one below was afraid we were going to get his milk, it made a bee line to his momma and started eating.  Too cute!



This one below was also cute, look at it's tail.  It is white on it's belly and it's tail.  I had never seen one colored up like that.  It caught my attention.



This one below had such an attitude!  We decided it must be a little bull calf.  It was like he was staring us down, not afraid at all.  I wish I would of got a picture of it chasing the dog, but I was laughing to hard.  He was precious.



It is such a great feeling to get out and enjoy what God has given us!  Some of the greatest pleasures can be from the simplest things.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you and expected end."   Jeremiah 29:11

until next time...nel

1 comment:

  1. Boy, am I glad my husband hasn't seen this post. We'd be adding cows for sure, but at the moment I don't think my fence line could handle it.

    We have horses, chickens, a dog, a lizard and 2 guinea pigs to love around here. I know what you mean though about enjoying God's creation. You should have heard me sweet-talkin' the chickens when I put them in for the night a few hours ago. They, too, have personalities and the Lord has taught me about Himself through those fluffy little creatures.

    If I don't get to stop by again soon, Merry Christmas, Nel!

    ReplyDelete