Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hodgepodge Already...


Can you believe it is almost Christmas, where has this year gone?  It was a good year but a busy one, and Joyce is always busy getting the Hodgepodge ready.  Join in it's a lot of fun and you will meet some amazing friends!

1.  So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car? 
It has been to long since I walked in the woods.  That used to be one of my favorite past times.  When we were in Arkansas back in September we went to Petit Jean State Park and walked around.  Beautiful as always.
If I lived closer to the beach I would be there all the time.  Last summer when we took our grand kids to Panama City Beach in FL.  What a fun trip!  
The drive in the car is more our cup of tea.  We are always hopping in the car and taking off with no particular destination.  I love adventures!

2.  Are you sending Christmas cards this year?  About how many do you send?  Photo card or something more traditional?  How do you display the cards you receive?
Perhaps a few.  Last year I did not get any out.  Maybe about 25 or so.  I am sending out some with pictures that I had taken.  I have Christmas folders to put them in.   The cards we receive are placed in a holder I bought years ago from a House of Lloyd party, I think it was called.  It is a sleigh and reindeer. and has a wire spiral that holds the cards.

3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?
"Huh?"  I feel like I have repeated half my life.  Stan and Patt both can not hear the best and I talk softly so I hear huh a lot!   Personally I think it is selective hearing...surely it's not me!  lololol

4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan?  Plain or flavored?  Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
Oh yes, I like Cocoa, the only kind of chocolate I really love.  Plain without marshmallows.  We have a big can of it in the cupboard.

5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
I have learned to say no at times, and I don't sweat the small stuff.  I try to remember the reason for the season and not get caught up in a lot of the hype.

6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
We received a Lead Crystal Candy Dish as a wedding present from a couple of my friends and I love it.  It is sparkly and right now it looks so pretty with peppermints in it.

7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
I love the song Mary did you know? I have looked for the piano sheet music but have not found it yet.  My hubby and I would love to try and sing it; our piano player at church said she could learn how to play it.  So maybe next year.  Here is a few lines:
 Mary did you know that your baby boy, Would one day walk on water? Mary did you know that your baby boy, Would save our sons and daughters?

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I must be tired the brain is just not thinking.  It sure has turned cold, I guess it is time, huh?  I need to get busy, I have some sewing to do and a few other things to make before the end of next week.  Where does the time go?  No wonder I am tired, it is after 2:00.  
Well I guess that is pretty random!  lol

until next time... nel

10 comments:

  1. The cold weather has moved in here, too! After getting used to the temps in the 70's, it's a real shock to my system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Mary did you know?" too. Faith Hill sings a nice version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "selected hearing"....I understand that terminology. That's Bud. He can tune me out at a moments notice --LOL

    And I'm with Marla...I too like Faith Hill's version of Mary Did You Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my hearing checked this year because hubs says I say 'What?' a lot. My hearing was fine though-the audiologist said I should tell him he mumbles : ) For me it might not be selective listening as much as having too much on my mind all the time.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mom is deaf in one ear so I have always spoken loud however hubby and I do hear through walls as well as we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and boys say "what?" a lot to me. I'm sure it's not me, is it possible they ALL have hearing problems? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know about Cocoa Day. We will definitely celebrate!
    Your answer to #5 is great. That's the way I've felt especially the last 5 years or so. Shouldn't be so commercial. I'm liking the more relaxed Christmases. Maybe I'm getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the song "Mary Did You Know", it's among my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Did You Know is a beautiful song!

    This page has the sheet music but I'm not sure if it's download and print it or if they mail it. Probably download and print. The price is pretty reasonable. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And it's more kind of me to include the URL than tease!

    http://www.onlinesheetmusic.com/mary-did-you-know-p404573.aspx?gclid=COOv2prJmLQCFStgMgodEEwABA

    ReplyDelete