3 weeks ago
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Wow Where does the time go? I have been planning on posting some pics from our Arkansas trip and write a little about it, but here it is time for the Hodgepodge. I will get it done, eventually...lol. But now it is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge, just click on the button above and grab the prompts from Joyce and share your thoughts with the rest of us. You know it will be fun... trust me!
1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
I usually take an over the counter generic cheap pill for a day or two and see if it will take care of the problem. It usually does. I do better now that I take a generic sinus pill every night before I go to bed. Have not been sick enough to go to the doctor in over a year. As far as the flu shot - nope not me, never have, I don't see any reason to start now. I would probably be like my dad he took one once and thought he was going to die... that would be my luck. lol
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
Pray about it and pray some more!
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
Stan and I are both basically in good health. Secondly, I am happier than I have ever been thanks to my sweet hubby!
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
I have never been one to worry about fashion, I wear what I have and what I like, always have, always will.
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
No I was not involved, was never allowed to join. I did attend a bluebird meeting at a neighbor's house and thought it was so much fun, but my parents still would not let me join. After I was an adult and had my daughter, I would of in a heartbeat, but Jan was never interested, so no not as an adult either.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
You know I cannot choose just one, so I am going with apple and pumpkin!
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
The ability to work and accept diverse backgrounds and abilities is essential, along with: a desire to educate, creativity, energy, patience, and the ability to be excited about what they are teaching.
My daughter has an appointment with the cardiologist today. It will be interesting to see what they are going to do. She was unable to take the two medicines they prescribed due to the side effects. She could not function while taking those meds. Please remember her in your prayers, she is so disgusted with the whole thing and this momma wants to go have a talk with them...lol, but that would probably not be a good thing! So I need to pray also and let the Lord have it, for He will take care of it for us!
until next time... nel
Posted by Nel at 12:01 AM