Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait...

What a familiar phrase...  that is technically what happened this morning with my daughter's surgery.  We were in her room waiting, the nurse had told us we were good to go... just waiting.  And folk's she is still waiting.   The doctor came in and basically told her that her insurance was not agreeing to pay for the surgery this morning, supposedly because she had never passed out completely.  So they did not do it.  
Evidently the hospital ran it thru their insurance program and it did not pass.  Why they waited till the last moment I am not sure.  Jan and her hubby are talking to the insurance and waiting for a reply... they said they did not deny it.  Two insurance reps had already approved it.  So Jan and Clint went to the doctor's office and got the case numbers from when it was approved.   So the insurance representative is trying to figure out what is going on.   So....   
Again I ask for prayer that this bend in the road be straightened out quickly.  My daughter needs to get her strength back.  Remember this momma in prayer also...  they are messing with my baby!


until next time... nel

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's awful. I hope by now they've got it sorted out! Insurance companies really shouldn't be making the call on who needs pacemakers, should they? Ugh.

    I will pray some more : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joyce. I'm praying too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I hope everything gets straightened out and that your daughter gets the medical care/surgery she needs. Praying for her, her husband, and your family!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awful Nel! Praying that this gets resolved quickly so she can get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete