It is that fun time - Wednesday Hodgepodge. This is week 42, that is hard to believe! Joyce, I just want to say Thank You, you are doing a remarkable job. I don't know how you come up with so many ideas! If any of you would like to join us just click on her button above and you can get the prompts for this week. It is a lot of fun and a great way to make new friends.
Here we go...
1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001, or did we just become more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
Yes I think it did. I think it resulted in terrorists realizing they can get into the United States and cause havoc here. As for me I think I am more conscious of my surroundings and I listen to the news and read reports online more.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about hindsight?
Yes I did, I was not allowed to join in anything at school. Now though, I understand why they felt that way. We were living in the city and they were from the south and did not have a high school education. Some people out in the work place made fun of them and they were protecting me from that humiliation.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
I am scared to death of roller coasters, the big ones, notta, no way, no how!
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far to complicated?
Simple, I had to ask him, that is what I was hoping he would say. He said I like the simple life and that I do!
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?
I would have to say either popcorn or nachos with a few jalapeno peppers on the side and a great big coke. Actually that would be carnival food, I have never been in a professional stadium except back in 1999 when our Hector Wildcat Football team went to state. I have never been to a professional ballgame...I think I need to change that!
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which event do you think would be the scariest?
I was in a tornado on my 19th birthday. It was quite scary. I just searched my blog and cannot find where I have ever really written about it, I need to do that soon. I think an earthquake would scare me to death. I guess it is the unknown, whatever you are not accustomed to.
7. Labor Day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores? If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
I really did not have any assigned chores. When my mom cleaned house I usually dusted. And I usually mowed the yard. I wish now I would of had more to do. I remember when I was a teen they gave me $5.00 a week, and if I wanted something I saved my money to purchase it. If I bought my lunches at school, that also had to come out of that money.
I think my daughter had a few chores probably not nearly enough. And usually I think we gave her a little money for doing them.
8. Random Thought
Can I have three? First... make sure you check out the pictures on my last post of that precious Maci LeAnne. Second... The post before that is about my photo blog NFast Photos. It is finally up and running make sure you check it out. Last but not least... Please continue to remember my daughter. Bless her heart they still are trying to get her fixed. The diet change did not work. They told her they had a couple medicines that usually worked, well guess what... she had allergic reactions to them. She is waiting now to hear from the doctor she called today about the last medicine. We may be looking at a pacemaker and she is only 29 years old. Please remember to pray for her... and pray for this momma that wishes she could fix this!
until next time... nel