Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays...

Birthdays are a special part of our life.  It is so funny how our outlook changes, remember when you were little and you couldn't wait for your birthday.  It seemed like it took forever to get here. You just couldn't wait to see what you were going to get, it was almost as exciting as Christmas, and of course there was the added benefit of cake and ice cream and maybe a party once in awhile.
Then you couldn't wait till you were 13, because then you were a teenager, a special time in our lives, if we would have only realized how special.  It was a time of innocence, or at least it was back in my day, granted I would not want to be a teen today to much peer pressure.

The next milestone was 16, wow we could legally drive, if we could talk them out of the family car.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually did not ask for the family car very often.  I did not want to be caught out in it, in my mind it was an old lady's car.  It was a Dodge Dart Swinger, yes the kind they pay good money for these days, but I hated it!  I guess I should of felt lucky the car before that was a Rambler station wagon. lol.

Back in my day turning 19 was kinda big, you could legally drink beer and wine.  And then of course 21 was the big one!  At that time 30 was old and 60 was ancient.  My how our outlook changes.  60 is looking better every day! Just for the record, I am on the low side of 60, actually I am 54 today.  Feeling a little on the old side today though, I had my yearly checkup yesterday.  Yeah the fun one, all the blood panel, the pap smear, and normal stuff.  He also informed me I needed to schedule a mammogram and a colonoscopy.  Thanks for reminding me doc that I am at that age now.  lolol. I also asked him about my eye twitching, this has been going on since last Saturday.  He informed me it was probably from fatigue, or eye strain, as we get older we need more rest and cannot spend as much time on the computer as we once could.  Remind me not to make my appointment the day before my birthday.  What was I thinking???

We have no big plans for today, we are going out to eat tonight.  I got to pick where we were going and I think he regretted that decision.  I picked Burger King, yep I want a Whopper, do you know how long it has been?  Maybe subconsciously that is a way of feeling young again!  lol.  I think I am going to convince him we need to go out to the park or for a drive.  It is to nice out to stay in the house.  Also, I have this new lens for my camera.  It weighs 4 lbs, and is a 650mm-1300mm zoom.  And I have been dying to try it out.  That is my birthday present from my hubby.  He is so good to me! 

So I guess I am outta here... Happy Birthday Me!

until next time... nel

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you Nel! So funny you wanted a whopper...I haven't had fast food in ages so it sounds pretty good to me too : ) Enjoy your special day and have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of birthdays! What a fun way to usher it in. The pictures are precious.

    I just had my annual "Poke-N-Prod" so I know what joy it is :(

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday. Sounds like a wonderful time other than the doctor visit.

    ReplyDelete