Friday, February 13, 2009

Welcome to Blogging & Pictures and Memories...

First of all... I would like to welcome a friend of mine to the world of blogging. Please check out her blog. Her name is Christina and she graduated with my daughter, but I consider her my friend also. She has an adorable little boy that you can meet and she has a heart of gold! She is at HOUSE OF QUALLS.


A couple of posts back; I mentioned the big snowman that we made when I was a kid. I was looking through pictures yesterday and ran across them. So of course I have to share them with you.

I was all of 17, maybe 18, young and carefree, not a care in the world. As you can see from the pictures it was pretty big. I am 5 ft ½ inch and it was quite a bit taller than me. Those were good times and great memories.
While looking through pictures I pulled out several more. I guess it is that ornery side in me coming out. I am planning on posting some of them to my facebook account, some of my daughter and her friends at graduation, a few of different people when they were young. I enjoy looking back through pictures, sooo many memories, some good, some not so good.
When my daughter was in her teens, I was the Youth Leader at our church. We had a good group of teens. I ran across several pictures of them, one in particular made me laugh. We had a lock-in at the church and were playing games, having fun. This particular game they had a pair of pantyhose tied around their waist with an orange in one of the legs and it hanging in front touching the floor. They had to use it to knock another orange across the room. And yes, I caught this on film. What a Kodak moment. Using my better judgment I decided against posting those. They might kill me.
Speaking of pictures, one of my goals is to get names on the back of all my mom’s pictures and put them on a cd for my brothers. That will be quite a job, but it needs to be done. I also need to put names on the backs of mine. There are some of them that my daughter would have no clue who they are. And who knows, I might not always remember who they are, but it is such a good feeling to know, that even though we may forget, our Lord Jesus never forgets!

“Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fe ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nell, speaking of memories... I remember Amy wearing this Strawberry Shortcake necklace, and I was so jealous of it. I told her I wanted one, and she said "My Aunt Nell gave it to me." Then I was so jealous of her having an Aunt Nell!! Ah, the things we remember...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..that snowman is big! And thanks for the support on the blog, you are awesome. And I consider you my friend also, and I feel very blessed to be able to:)

    ReplyDelete