Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wrapped in His Arms...

We are back home. We had a wonderful Christmas in Arkansas. We celebrated at our little house, so my kids could come home for Christmas. Just a small celebration, my daughter, her husband, and my grandkids, Cain and Eden, and of course my hubby and myself. We had finger foods, sandwiches and snacks. Enough for an army. We had such a good time! Eden is 2 ½ yrs old, so she was all about Christmas this year. It was fun. I will post a few pictures at the end. I do have something I would like to share, though.

We were on our way home Tuesday, and had car trouble. We were on Hwy 65, about 15 miles north of Harrison, and our car overheated. Thank God we have Road Side Service with our insurance, but of course they do not have a time schedule. We waited for two hours for the tow truck to show. Since they had a truck on his way to Springfield, he brought us 2 gallons of antifreeze. Of course by that time the car had completely cooled down. He put one gallon in and had my hubby start the car. It was not registering hot, so he figured it would be ok. We paid him for the antifreeze ($20.00…a little high, but I would of paid a lot more, we were in the middle of no where) and thanked him. And we were on our way. We drove about 2 miles and all the bells and whistles started going off again. We pulled over to let it cool, and in a few minutes the tow truck pulled off in front of us. The car still had plenty of coolant in it, so he suggested we let it cool down and pull in at the station about 1 mile up. In the meantime, a state police car pulled in behind us. He waited with us until we were able to take off again. We went about ½ a mile and it started registering hot again. Stan took the next exit thinking it was the station, but it was not. So we pulled over and shut it down and let it cool off again. We then got on the main road and went up about ½ mile and exited to the station. By the time we pulled in, all the bells and whistles were going off again. Problem was this was just a quick stop station, we asked where the closest garage was, and they had no idea, nothing like that around there. Yes, we were in quite a dilemma, I could tell my husband was getting a little nervous. And honestly, I was too… but I knew whom I had to talk too. I went into the bathroom, and poured my heart out, and I could feel His presence and knew He was listening.
When I came back out, my hubby asked, “Well what do you suggest?” And I replied, “We are going to try it.” When he started the car, the only light was the check engine coolant, but we knew there was still coolant in it. I told him, “lets go for it.” We were 80 miles from home, not once did any lights or bells or whistles go off. We made it home without any other problems. My hubby just couldn’t believe it. But I could, I asked Him to wrap His arms around us and get us home and that is exactly what He did.
I told Stan he needed to call and get it in, because it was not fixed, He just got us home. This morning we took it into Springfield to the mechanic, which is 7 miles from our house. We had to stop 3 times and let it cool down, because of all the bells and whistles. Now tell me God does not hear prayers and answer them…

What a way to end the New Year…wrapped in the arms of Jesus!

“For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.” Matthew 9: 21,22


  1. That is a great story. Yes, he does hear us and answer when we call. Hope you have a blessed new year!

  2. Hi there!! Thanks for your comments on my blog - nice to get to know another of His precious daughters.
    Love you story of trust in the Lord and how he guided you safely home. He is such a Great God and it's so wonderful when we use our faith and see God work!
    Bless you for sharing and look forward to visiting you again soon.
    Carol x

  3. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I know you love getting to see those grandbabies. Wishing you an incredible, blessed new year!