Friday, January 16, 2009

The Right Thing...

I have been searching my heart for something to write about. It is just not coming easy this week. I received an email yesterday from a friend who lives in Arkansas. It was a forward as a lot of them are, but this one was titled “Dear God…” It had 16 jpg attachments included. When I proceeded, I realized these were letters that children had written to God. There was no explanation as to where they originated, or how old they were. They were so cute.

Here are a few of them:
“Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy Joyce”
“Dear God, Please send Dennis Clark to a different camp this year. Peter”
“We read Thos. Edison made light. But in Sun. School they said you did it. So I bet he stoled your Idea. Sincerely Donna”
“Dear God- Please put another Holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now. Ginny”
“Dear God, If you let The dinasor not exstinct we would not have a country. You did the right thing. Jonathan”

Out of the mouths of babes…”You did the right thing.” This touched my heart, there is so many times we pray for things, and at the time we wonder why prayers are not answered. But later, we see that they were answered, just not in the way we were hoping at the time. And looking back, we can always say to God, “You did the right thing.”
I guess this spoke to me, because I have been walking down memory lane lately, and have thought, “Thank you God. You did the right thing.”

This really hit home when I was checking out other blogs, and this same email was mentioned in Writes of Passage on the same day I received it. It brought tears to my eyes when I read the actual history behind it. Please go there and read this touching story. It gave me goosebumps when I was reminded how God touches our lives in so many ways. My prayer is if you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus - change that!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment