Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Adventure

There was an AKC Dog Show held at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds in Springfield today. The Ozarks Kennel Club was holding it. My husband and I decided to check it out, it was free, and neither of us had ever been to a dog show.
We were both surprised at the number of out-of-state vehicles and the number of motor homes in the parking lot. It was held in the Arena Building, which had bleachers on both sides and a dirt floor in the middle. There were people and dogs everywhere. There were approximately 1,100 dogs entered in this two-day competition.
Every size and breed was represented. We sat and watched the Hound, the Herding, the Terriers, the Sporting and the Non-sporting classes show. I was amazed at these dogs. They were so in tune with their master. It was like they were the only ones in the room, and their primary goal was to please that one person. They would take their jaunt around the circle with their head held high knowing their master was pleased. Even when they were one of the winners who took one of four places, their eyes did not leave their master.


How wonderful it would be if our main goal were to please our Master following Him, not taking our eyes off Him.

“And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” Luke 9:23

FYI – I will be in Arkansas for a couple of weeks celebrating an early Thanksgiving with my daughter and family. And of course spoiling grandkids! I am sure I will have pictures and stories to share when we return. Lucky you… God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment