I missed out last week to much stuff going on, but I'm back this week and ready to go.
1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
Thinking this over I would have to say my daughter makes me proud. I am so proud of the lady she has become and the momma she is. She never ceases to amaze me. She just got her Bachelors in Business Administration while working full time and raising a family. Yep she makes me proud!
Humble - I would have to say thinking about what God did for us. He gave his only son so we might have eternal life. He wasn't thinking about himself, he was thinking about us... and we are so undeserving.
2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?I have two places. In the bedroom, my dresser. It seems no matter how hard I try it gets piled, and yes it is me usually doing the piling. In our office either my desk or the shelf behind me. Could be because they are the closest thing to the backdoor.
3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
Oh yes we always visit the State/National Parks, love them. We have a Senior Pass Card for The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands. It is a lifetime pass, you can get it if you are 62 or older. We both get in free with it. Love it! I think my favorite National Park was The Grand Canyon, BEAUTIFUL! Here at home the Wilson's Creek National Battlefield is one of our favorites. I love to go and take photos.
4. How would you define honor?
I would say honesty, good name, public esteem, good reputation, as in he is a man of honor.
5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?I would have to say Angel's food, like I have said before I am not a big chocolate fan. Angel's food is good by itself, but also with strawberries and whip cream or sliced peaches... mmmm good!
6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
We have not been on any trips since Arkansas at Christmas time. It takes about 4 hours to get there. And we usually make a stop at Walmart at Harrison - about halfway and it is a good place to stretch the legs. We usually only stop the one time when headed there - could have something to do with who is waiting for us on the other end. lol. Usually when we do take a road trip we make frequent stops - it has something to do with that camera that is glued to my hand. lol. We love just getting out and kicking around. I would say probably chips or pretzels are our car snack, sometimes cookies.
7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
Whoooaaaa! I have a problem with this. Since when is chicken nuggets healthier than a turkey sandwich. And let's talk about allergies, plus what right do they have taking our child's lunch from them. Oh it is a good thing I am not in that school district...it wouldn't be pretty!
I actually have two randoms, I can do that it is my responses. First of all, I was so excited I tried to leave a comment on Joyce's post about the Smokies and it worked. I did not have to get out of Internet Explorer and go in to Chrome. By the way Joyce that is why I have not been commenting much. I am so glad it worked today!
I have something else I am excited about also. We have a place here in Willard called Village Mercantile and Florist and there is a Tea Room also. As of March 1st I am putting a rack with my greeting cards which use my pictures in the shop. I am so pumped! I am praying they are received well and that I will have to restock often. They were excited also! Praise the Lord!
until next time... nel