Christmas Hodgepodge Style, that almost sounds like it needs to be a song or a dance. It is that fun time again, if you would like to join in just click the button above and swing over to Joyce's place. Grab those questions then link up after you answer them so we can all learn more about you too. Of course first you might want to read my answers... or else!
Here we go folks...
1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate?
The Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Area and sometimes the office gets decorations around here. We did not even pull them all out this year but it still looks festive!
2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why?
I really think probably Sweden. I would like to see the Alps, talk about pictures!
3. What does the word faith mean to you?
Wow... Believing in something you cannot see but knowing with all your heart and soul it is real with no doubts!
4. You can go back to your childhood for one day... what day and age would you choose?
I cannot think of one day in particular, but I would love to go back to life when we lived on the farm. We moved when I was 7 years old. I was 3 years old in the picture and had my best friend Penney with me. We were inseparable, spent a lot of time running around enjoying life not a care in the world! Good times and wonderful memories. When I hear Miranda Lambert's song The House That Built Me it always takes me back to life at home. I know some of you do not like country but if you have never heard this song listen to the words, guarantee it will take you back too.
5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe.
Gosh it has been a long time, probably a baby shower or wedding shower 2 or 3 years ago. My favorite recipe was given to my by a dear friend of mine before she passed away in 1999. This is good stuff!
2 (46 oz) cans pineapple juice
2 tsp vanilla
½ small bottle lemon juice concentrate
4 cups sugar
4 Tbsp almond extract
Add enough water to make 2 gallons. Freeze. Thaw for 3 hours before serving.
6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?
No we do not do stockings, I always did before I remarried. We usually always opened them before the bigger gifts. After Jan married we would do them usually sometime on Christmas day.
7. What takes your breath away?
My hubby can walk up behind me and kiss me on the neck and still take my breath away.
8. Random Thought
I would like to thank those who prayed for my Aunt, please continue to pray for her children. She is still in the hospital, however they have called Hospice in. Her body is beginning to shut down. Please continue to remember them.
until next time... nel