It is Random Dozen Time again. I missed you guys last week, but we did have a good time in Arkansas. Random Dozen is a weekly meme hosted by none other than Lid over at 2nd Cup of Coffee. We would love for you to join us, it is a wonderful way to meet some fantastic people and make new friends. After you read my answers and leave me a comment, (lol) you can hop over and grab the questions and answer them on your blog. Make sure you link up at Lid’s so we all can get to know you a little better too.
OK Here We Go…
1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?
Host a party! I love all the preparations and getting it all together! That is half the fun!
2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to.
My daughter threw me a 50th Birthday Party 3 years ago in Arkansas. My hubby was in on it also. It was pretty special, and a total surprise. They did good, even though there was a lot of black floating around.
3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?
I hope to eventually see all my family and friends there. But gosh can you imagine… seeing Jesus face to face! What will we feel? How will we react? I can only imagine!
4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?
The warm fuzzy feeling it gives. Happiness!
5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?
I usually like to do my own thing. I get pretty creative with gifts. I do go in with my daughter sometimes, she is creative when it comes to gifts also.
6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?
I would think probably house cleaning. I hate to clean house, but I love to cook. So yeah definitely house cleaning. However, Patt does all of our cleaning and cooking.
7. What song describes your mood today?
Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me. Just one of those down in the dumps days, but today, today is different… THERE IS STILL HOPE!
8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)
We have several frames sitting around that I received at my bridal shower at work. A few honeymoon pictures are in them.
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?
Rocky Road – hmmmm I could relate my life to that…lolol
10. When was the last time you felt "tested?"
With two grown women living in the same house it happens occasionally. It is just hard at times because we both have our own ideas and beliefs. I have to remind her once in awhile she is not my momma! For the inquiring minds, Patt my husband’s niece, who is 7 years older than myself, lives with us. All in all we do pretty good!
11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop."
“Orange Slices” – and like a dummy I picked a bag up today. Enough said…
12. "-----" is the best motivation.
“An upcoming trip to Arkansas” makes me want to get things done. It makes time pass quickly.
And that’s all folks…
We are off to Omaha probably Thursday for a few days. They are still trying to get Fred’s funeral arranged. Hopefully it will be Friday.
until next time...nel
3 months ago