So here we go...
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
I have a book that I am reading, that I need to do a review on. I just have been finding other things to do besides read.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
I have to be honest, usually as soon as I roll over on my stomach I am down for the count. However, the ceiling fan needs to be on along with the big fan. Our bed is wonderful. We invested in a poofy mattress cover, which has a mattress pad under it. Then we have 600ct sheets and a duvet with a generic down comforter in it. It is so comfortable almost like floating on a cloud. And yes usually I sleep through the night, unless I am not feeling good.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
I really am not sure. I have never really gone with the fashion. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of person, so probably the 70’s. I look for comfort, really never cared if it was in style.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
Either my chili, which everyone loves, or my home made sloppy joes, with my Fire and Ice Pickles on the side. They are both good dishes for crowds!
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
Not really, usually I think things thru, but today we were in Hobby Lobby and I bought a Krafty Blok, which are the glass square blocks. They were on sale, and I had wanted one to try a craft idea on.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
Do not open the casket at the church. Actually I hope to have everything arranged so if it is just my daughter she will not have to deal with it alone.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
It must be pretty joyful, more than I realize. A very simple day, we did grocery shopping for the month but other than that it was quite simple. Just spending time with my hubby.
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Panera has a twisted Italian loaf that I have become pretty fond of. Actually let’s be realistic, I LOVE ALL BREAD!!! Ohhhh fresh yeast rolls… mmmm!
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
Grumpiness – A lot of people as they age they tend to get grumpy. Nothing is the same as it used to be, they are not happy with anything. They see fault with everything. My mom was like that, and it was hard to deal with at times. And I do not want to burden my daughter or my granddaughter with that kind of attitude. I want to be happy and be thankful for all the time I am given.
Also forgetfulness scares me. My dad had senile dementia… enough said!
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
The ability to follow thru. I have a lot of ideas and a lot of things I want to try, but I put them on the back burner. A lot of projects I have started or have the items to start them. Hmmmm can we say PROCRASTINATION. lol
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
Here in Willard, probably our bedroom, there are a few things I would like to change, and will in time. It is my room of comfort!
In Arkansas, at our little house, the living room best reflects my personality. It is country; there are several antique items that were my mom’s. A cane bottom rocking chair with my wedding ring quilt that she made draped over the back. It is very warm and cheery and homey! Comfortable!
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
I am lucky; when I remarried I did not have to work. I basically do whatever I want, so it is pretty easy to maintain balance. Maybe lucky is not the word for it, I like BLESSED better!
Ok that is it for this week. If you would like to join us link up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee. You will be glad you did! And you get to meet all kinds of fun people like me...
FYI – I think I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am not coughing as much and it is a much looser cough. The sneezing has stopped. Life is starting to look normal again!
until next time... nel