Sunday, November 8, 2009

Are You Ready...

It has been quiet around Willard this week. The tragedy at Ft. Hood touched my heart as I read about it and watched clips on the Internet gently wiping tears as they rolled down my cheeks. When the base was in lock-down, with mommas on one side of the base and their babies in daycare lock-down. I could feel their pain, they knew their babies were ok, but they just needed to hold them. Just to be reassured that all was well. Family calling to check on their enlisted members, wondering but not knowing what the answer was going to be. I could only imagine what they might be going through. The pain, the anxiety, the wondering, and why, for what reason? We may never know why this happened, but one day it won’t matter. There will be no more tears, or hurting, or devastation. What a day that will be! Are you ready?

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21: 3 - 5

2 comments:

  1. What a moving post!

    There's tragedy somewhere everyday.
    But we must believe there will come a day when God will see to it that there's no more death and sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know one of my friends in GA said that her kids were asking questions ( they are 8 ) and she commented how, when they are grown, this kind of news wont be a shock to them, as there is more and more violence in our world these days. But all I can say is " it's in the Bible " and WE WIN !!!!

    ReplyDelete