Friday, June 26, 2009

What do you feel...

The King of Pop is dead. People are in turmoil, and mourning his death. I for one was not a big Michael Jackson fan, however, I do have one of his 45rpm records, ABC, by the Jackson Five. He was a very talented person, although misguided.

For several days the media waves will be filled with stories of Michael Jackson. People praising him and people condemning him. As a Christian, I feel sad for him. Sad for the choices he made and the paths that he chose. I am praying for him and his family, especially his children.

“You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.” Romans 2:1 NIV

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your assessment.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it wonderfully, Nel...I feel the same way. AMEN! Your scripture selection is perfect.

    Blessings to you,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. That about sums it up for me also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Nel,

    Thanks for visiting my blog; it's so nice to meet you.

    Its' been quite a rough week for celebrities, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete