Friday, June 19, 2009

Rambling...

I decided it was time for a change. I looked around and found this pretty background over at a really cool site. You can see all kinds of pretty blog templates at Delightful Dots………, you won’t be disappointed!

I realize it has been awhile since I have been here. I guess I just needed a break. Do you ever have times where you just can’t get motivated?

Stan had another Doctor’s appointment when we returned from Arkansas. He ended up doing surgery again. This time he was able to do it at the office. There was fluid building up again at the top of his eye. Dr. Fletcher did laser surgery across the top of his eye, hoping this would reaffirm the retina and prevent any more problems. Hopefully, when he returns next Wednesday he will be able to be fitted for glasses. We are both ready for this to be over. Please remember us in your prayers!

We did have a wonderful time in Arkansas. Eden and Cain are growing and getting so big. Eden is a mess! While we were there, we had the opportunity to go bowling. There were eight of us bowling. It was Eden’s first time to bowl she was so funny. I will have to post a few pictures. The one where she was looking down was after a gutter ball. We really had a good time.






We also had decoration where my mom and dad are buried. My daughter did a wonderful job on the flowers. And we attended a family reunion, so it was a pretty busy trip. A few more of Eden... a.k.a. Miss Hollywood.

We are now making plans for a trip out west. My husband was elected as a delegate for the union he is in and they are having the national convention in Reno, Nevada. Wahoo! So of course I am tagging along. Our tentative plans are to leave a week early and stop in Colorado for a couple of days, then in Salt Lake City where one of his daughters live for a day or two, then on to Reno. The return trip we are going to stop in Vegas for a day or so, and then on down to the Grand Canyon. Talk about taking pictures! I will be in heaven! I cannot wait! Who knows where else we will stop or where we will go?

I just want to take a minute and apologize for the rambling of this post. Hopefully the next one will be better!

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11NIV



2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are adorable Nel! That vacation sounds awesome....hope you have a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy summer for you all!

    The pictures are great. Thanks so much for updating us, too.

    Keeping your hubby in my prayers..
    Beth

    ReplyDelete