Friday, April 24, 2009

Remember us...

Thought I better drop in before people think I have dropped off the face of the earth. It has been a busy time in the Fastenau household.

Stan, my husband had his eye surgery two weeks ago and the doctor was real pleased with the way it looked, however he had warned us from the beginning it might take more than one surgery. Yesterday at 11:00 he had his follow-up appointment in Kansas City. Needless to say, it was not what we had hoped and prayed for. There was still a little fluid behind the retina and two new pinholes. Nothing either one did caused this, it just sometimes happens. Bless his heart, this week he has to lie with his good eye down and his nose touching the bed on an angle at least 30 minutes of every hour during the day. This will hopefully cause the gas bubble to push the extra fluid out. If we can get the fluid out, I think I understood him to say he can use the laser gun and seal the pinholes; otherwise he will have to do complete surgery again. Please remember to pray for my husband. It is very scary when it comes to the eyes.

On a second note, Please remember my daughter, Janice; my grandbaby, Eden; Jan’s step-mom, Gina and her two kids, tomorrow as they represent Team Eden in the March For Babies Walk in Little Rock, AR. Unfortunately, I cannot join them due to Stan’s eye problems, but my daughter is turning in my paperwork and donations. Thanks to all those who donated! Our team as a whole raised $540. Praise the Lord!

"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms." James 5:13

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the complications your hubby has had following his eye surgery! Praying that the doctor will be able to treat this with the laser.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your husband heals quickly! It's never fun to be down. And I have missed your blogs!

    ReplyDelete