Saturday, April 30, 2016

Gone, But Not Forgotten...

Today my head wanted to pick up the phone and place a call or an email but my heart knew I couldn't do that anymore.  Today is Jane's Birthday and I always gave her a hard time because she had caught up with me...but I couldn't this year.  You know sometimes you meet someone and you just hit it off right away, and no matter what happens, and believe me stuff happens, you can always pick up where you left off.  That is a true friend, that is what Jane and I were.  I have so many memories flooding my mind today and yes I have wiped tears a time or two, but such good memories!
When we were in grade school I remember being sent home sick from school. I stayed after school at her house because my mom worked, so of course that is where I went when I was sick.  I was laying on the couch when she got home and she serenaded me with her black flute thing, you know the one all kids used to learn how to play.  That is true friendship!  :)
I also remember the day we moved to Northlake and left Schiller Park.  We were both so upset, I remember my Aunt Mae telling me if you are really friends you will always be friends no matter the distance between you, and she was right. Northlake was not that far but it seemed like the other side of the world.
We spent quite a bit of time together even after moving, she used to love spending the weekend at my house, or camping with the family.  
I remember being so excited for her when she married and when she had her kids, she always wanted a big family.

It is sad when you think about it we all get so busy with our own lives and we think, I need to call her tomorrow, but unfortunately tomorrow doesn't come as soon as it should.  Or you make plans, then something happens and you can't keep them.  
The week before she passed we chatted about my mom's chocolate gravy and how she loved it.  I told her I had a recipe, not mom's of course cause she never used a recipe, but it was close.  And I was supposed to send it to her, she wanted her kids and grandkids to experience one of her favorite things when she was growing up, but I did not get it sent in time...  
We do not know when it is our time...  Tomorrow is not promised us.  So make sure you tell your loved ones and friends, anyone special in your life how much they mean to you and how much you love them, because we never know...










Happy Birthday in Heaven Jane! R.I.P until we meet again!

until next time...nel


No comments:

Post a Comment