Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Andrew...


It is the first day of A to Z Challenge.  I did not participate last year my excuse was things were crazy but they are still crazy, so we are going to forget the excuses.  I was having a hard time deciding on a theme, because themes keep me better focused.  And I have promised myself I was going to study and get into my Bible a more so I have decided to use Bible characters as my theme.  There are so many that we are familiar with but then there are those that we do not know a lot about.  So praying the Lord blesses you as well as myself and I will learn something new through this endeavor.

A is for Andrew

Andrew became one Christ's 12 apostles.  Andrew was the brother of Simon Peter and the son of Jonah.  He was born in Bethsaida in the province of Galilee and was a fisherman like his brother Peter.  Andrew first appears in the New Testament as a disciple of John the Baptist. Andrew left John and found his brother Peter when he realized that Jesus was greater. They both became a disciple of Jesus.  (John 1:25-42). They continued to fish and during that time received a definite message to follow Jesus and become fishers of men.

'And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.'   Matthew 4:18 - 20

Most information about Andrew comes from the Gospel of John.

until next time...nel

1 comment:

  1. Andrew brings people to Jesus :) Great start for the A/Z Challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete