Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sledding to the Hodgepodge...


That almost sounds like a dance or a song.  It is that time again Yeah for the Hodgepodge!  You know the drill, now just join in the fun.

1.  Do you wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your emotions tucked in tight?
It really depends on what the circumstances are.  Some things I will cry at the drop of a hat, if it is heart grabbing or heart touching.  But usually I can keep them in check, which that guy at DirectTv probably wouldn't agree with that.  I actually told him to back off or I was going to hang up and change my mind.  He wanted an answer right then before I talked to my hubby.  I let him know I did not think he was married...you don't make decisions like that without discussing it first.  lol  Sorry I will get off my soapbox now...did I answer the question?

2.  How did you meet your closest friend?
I consider my husband to be my closest friend.  We met on Yahoo playing games.  And then probably a year later we met in person.

3.  Pink lemonade, grilled salmon, cotton candy, pink grapefruit, a strawberry milkshake, or raspberry sorbet...of the pink foods listed, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Which one have you most recently consumed?
Favorite I would say is pink lemonade, but grilled salmon is pretty tasty. Least would be pink grapefruit...not that I don't like it, it don't like me.  I think I tried salmon last summer.  I would like to try a raspberry sorbet, that sounds good. Oh you didn't ask that did you!

4.  When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain
Answered prayer! You can read about it here.

5. Are you a fan of television talk shows? Daytime, nighttime, or both? What's your favorite?
I do on occasion watch at night. Glenn Beck on The Blaze has become a favorite.  And it impresses me that he does not mind talking about God or the Bible and they always have group prayer at the end of his show.  

6. When was the last time you wanted to ask a question, but felt too foolish to do so?
Nothing comes to mind.  I am not shy and have always felt if you have a question the foolish one is the one you don't ask.

7.  My favorite breakfast right now is yogurt and a piece of toast.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
For a week now, I have been under the weather, started feeling better Monday morning.  I missed church 3 times last week, I was sick!  I have stomach issues sometimes and I think a flare up of IBS set in.  Was not a good week.  Finally today I was able to eat supper.  I lost right at 10 lbs last week.  I needed to lose some but did not plan to do it like that.  Our church had circular prayer for me Sunday night!  God is so Good!

'And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.'   Isaiah 65:24

until next time...nel

8 comments:

  1. I love hearing that husband and wife are best friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling good; hope you "turn the corner" soon and start feeling like you can do some more activities you enjoy doing.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for your answered prayer. It's frightening the way kids can be fine one minute and so sick the next. I hope you're feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful news about your preacher's grandson...God is GOOD! Hope you're feeling better...lots of illnesses have been going around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to read that you're feeling better, Nel. Stay cozied up and inside as much as possible till your weather improves. Brrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the pushy salespeople who don't take no for an answer!! Grr! Glad you let him see your untucked emotion on that! Hallelujah for answered prayer. So sorry about the illness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, sorry to hear that you've been having stomach issues. I can tell ya' from experience, they're NO FUN! Hope everything 'settles down' and you're soon as good as new!
    I like Glen Beck's show, too, and watch occasionally. (For some reason, I didn't think of it when asked about talk shows.) I, too, appreciate the fact that they aren't afraid to talk about God and pray openly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better...not the ideal way to lose 10 pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete