Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hodgepodging 71


1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?
I do enjoy working in the yard.  I am hoping to work in the Arkansas yard in May when we go back for a couple of weeks.  I love working in flowerbeds as far as planting, weeding them not so much.  Patt, Stan's neice takes care of the yard here.  It is her baby.  I do help my hubby mow the yard here. 

2. What puts a spring in your step?
Taking a trip with my hubby where it be spur of the moment, planned or especially Arkansas.  Love to travel! 

3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?
Wow, it is hard to pin down just one time.  Me being the Queen of Procrastination has to spring into action quite often to get things done on time.  Just being honest here!

4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
I love cooked carrots but I am picky.  I think they are boiled or maybe steamed with a little sugar on them.  But I do love raw ones also, dipped in ranch...mmm!

5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?
Yes I do, usually I donated them to the Womens Shelter.

6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?
I think when I was living in Arkansas, I was a member of WNAC, Women Nationally Active for Christ.  We had a group at the church I attended when my daughter was young.  It was a small group of women, maybe 14 or so, but we were like family.  We were always involved in something and raised a lot for our missionaries.  It was a great group of women and I truly miss them!

7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but in my book  NO WAY!  I'm sorry we are not God.  Who are we to clone.  I just feel like that is messing with things that is not biblically right.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have kind of been out of the loop lately.  We spent 12 days in Arkansas.  We had a good time, would of been a great time if I had not gotten sick.  I didn't hardly get to spend any quality time with my grandkids.  Eden spent 2 nights with us, but bless her heart granny did a lot of sleeping while she was there.  They are on Spring Break this week and they wanted to come with us, but I just was not up to it.   Then today was a lot of fun, Colonoscopy time. It wasn't as bad as I was afraid it was going to be.  They did find a polyp and sent it in so I am praying and believing it will be fine.   

Well I guess that is it folks...

until next time...nel

5 comments:

  1. Praying that the results from your colonoscopy/polyp will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have told me before, but what part of Arkansas are you from? I was born in Wynne and raised in the Hot Springs area. I sure miss HOME! Praying you get good results from your test...that's always a huge relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your test results come back fine. I hate those darn tests but they can be life-saving so we must do them. NOW, you've got it over with for a long time. :-)

    I agree with you on Cloning. It just doesn't seem like something we should be messing with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trips always put a spring in my step except for packing! Raw carrots scream for Ranch. So sorry your got sick. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We are not God". That is something we should remind ouselves of all the time. Not only as individuals but also as groups and governments.

    The world is in a very bad shape now because it is very different from what God has intended it to be at the time of its creation.

    Have a good colonoscopy test result, Nel!

    ReplyDelete