Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beginning to look alot like Christmas...

Life has been crazy in the Fastenau Household since Thanksgiving. What a busy time of year, but a fun time. We put the Christmas lights up right after Thanksgiving, and the next week decorated the inside. Shopping is all done, still have to wrap and get a lot of our gifts in the mail. Stan’s family lives in Nebraska, Utah and Iowa. Christmas cards are mailed. I did not get my family birthday calendars done, but they will be mailed about the second week in January.

I have been busy sewing working on Eden’s Christmas gift. This granny decided to make her a trunk full of dress up clothes. We have a poodle skirt, and evening gown and matching purse, a shorter skirt with a matching top, a cowgirl outfit, a cheerleader outfit, and of course all the extras to go with it. I still have 3 more little outfits I want to make. It has been a lot of fun putting it all together. I am hoping they are big enough so she can wear them for a while. Patt, Stan’s niece even dug out some high heels and belts, and I gathered up some old jewelry. I will try to get pictures while we are there.

What a wonderful time of the year! Amongst all the busyness we need to remember what the Season is about. We need to remember who the Christ Child is and what he sacrificed that we might have eternal life.

Just wanted to check in and let you know I was still kicking. I have been reading everyone’s blogs, just not a lot of time to comment on them.

Till next time… nel

“In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're doing well; and that your elf duty has been fun.

    Enjoy the season, and a very Merry Christmas to you & yours,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you HAVE been busy! I'm worn out after simply reading your post! lol

    I admire your sewing ability. I can't sew...at all...I glue! Oh, and I've been known to occasionally use duct tape. Shhhh....don't tell anyone! ;-)

    Merry Christmas, Nel!

    ReplyDelete